Events volunteer role description
We are looking for enthusiastic people who enjoy working as part of a team to deliver fantastic events for Macclesfield! This may be helping at the town centre church or helping with large events such as Macclesfield Pride.
Across Macclesfield (mainly town centre)
- To work with community groups or local charities to practically deliver projects events across the town
- Responsibilities will vary between projects but we will match a task to your area of interest or expertise. At one event you may be helping with identifying safety risks and at another you may be managing stage acts! Each event is different.
- To act as an ambassador for the town at events.
Ideally you will have the following attributes and skills:
- Friendly and approachable personality.
- Happy working outdoors (we have delivered events in all weathers!).
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
You will be supported by the event organisers with equipment, advice and any guidance you may need.
Suitable outdoor clothing.
Benefits for you
By volunteering, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills and gain valuable experience in areas such as:
- Working for community groups as part of a friendly team.
- Learning new skills while making a positive difference to your community.
- Making a potentially significant difference to your local town.