Macclesfield Town Council
Character Assessment Working Group Minutes 5th February 2021
Due to the Coronavirus Covid-19 restrictions and in line with the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 this meeting was held remotely.
The committee members requested that this meeting was brought forward from 11.30am to 11am.
Minutes of the meeting held on 5th February 2021 at 11am.
- Cllr Mike Hutchison
- Cllr Janet Jackson MBE
- Cllr Fiona Wilson
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Minutes of the Character Assessment WG Meeting held on 15th January 2021
RESOLVED: That the minutes are approved as a true record of the meeting.
3. Matters Arising from the minutes
4. Character Assessment Development
Following approval of the recommendation to the Planning Committee meeting on 05/02/21, an invitation to quote shall be prepared for the appointment of a planning consultant to prepare a character assessment.
The working group:
- Reviewed and approved the report listing the set of objectives for a character assessment for Macclesfield.
- Capped the funding of planning consultancy at £10,000. In the event of additional funding, provision will be reviewed at Full Council.
- Sought that there was proactive engagement with suitably qualified stakeholders.
5. Date/Time and Place of Next Meeting
A provisional date for the next meeting of the Working Group is 11.30am on 26th February.
The format/venue to be confirmed subject to C-19 restrictions and related regulations.
Meeting closed at 11:55 am
Chair: Cllr Mike Hutchison
Clerk: Harriet Worrell