Macclesfield Town Centre Recovery Working Group 20th July 2021

Tue 20th Jul 2021

Key Information

Dates

Tue 20th Jul 2021

In Categories

Working Group
Working Group - Town Centre Recovery
Minutes

Present:

Abi Sherratt Macclesfield Town Council
Aoife Middlemass CVSCE
Cllr Fiona Wilson Macclesfield Town Council
Cllr Janet Jackson MBE (Co-Chair) Macclesfield Town Council
Dr Evi Girling Keele University
Laura Smith Macclesfield Town Council
Matthew Baqueriza-Jackson (Co – Chair) Make it Macclesfield
Chris Draper Peaks and Plains Housing Trust
Jo Wise Cheshire East Council
Emma Anderson Macclesfield Museums

Apologies:

Cllr Nick Mannion Cheshire East Council
Cllr Liz Brathwaite Cheshire East Council

1. Welcome from Co/Chairs

Cllr Jackson welcomed and thanked the group.

2 Change to ToR

Proposal to amend the ToR due to the ongoing Pandemic and the fact there is still so much to do. All agreed.
MBJ advised that he has resigned his role on the board of MIM due to house move, and this means he will no longer be co-chair. MiM are happy with the work done so far and have no desire to have a replacement representative on the group. MBJ happy to continue working with the group. The group also agreed to add a rep from MHA to the group, Becky Thompson.

3 Review the Plan and Actions

Comms

Meeting held on 12th July, well attended. JJ updated the group on key
points and AS will send out minutes and updated action table to all
members of Working Group, which will explain in more detail

Outdoor Hospitality

FW happy that the report sent out covers all points. No further questions

Community Response

AM has been working on volunteer recruitment with MTC, and has been
offering advice on paperwork to ensure it is robust.
Some groups are not fully open yet, and CVS are working with them to assist.

Cultural

Good meeting on the 14th July of the Cultural Forum, well attended.
Discussions continue re mural, and good progress has been made on the
Tunnicliffe Trail for later in the year.

Updated Action Plan

MBJ then took the group through the action table and each section was
discussed and the relevant RAG status updated if required.

4 Planned Walkaround with the LEP for 27th July 10am-1pm

The draft plan for the walkaround was agreed.
Actions:
• LS to update ToR
• JJ to ask MHA, to Becky Thompson to join the Working Group.
• LS to add Matt Todd to invite for next meeting
• AM to send list of community venues to Helena Gowler and LS

5 Date of Next Meeting

Next meeting scheduled for 9am on Thursday 9th September

Back to all Council Meetings