Emma Anderson Macclesfield Museums
Matthew Baqueriza-Jackson (Co – Chair) Make it Macclesfield
Cllr Liz Brathwaite Cheshire East Council
Justine Gore Peaks and Plains Housing Trust
Cllr Janet Jackson MBE (Co-Chair) Macclesfield Town Council
Cllr Nick Mannion Cheshire East Council
Cllr Fiona Wilson Macclesfield Town Council
Laura Smith Macclesfield Town Council
Jo Wise Cheshire East Council
Abi Sherratt Macclesfield Town Council
Dr Evi Girling Keele University
Professor Ian Loader Keele University
1. Welcome from Co/Chairs
Cllr Jackson welcomed and thanked the group for all their hard work to collect evidence with surveys and fact finding sessions. The minutes of the last meeting were agreed.
We welcomed Abi Sherratt, newly appointed Events and Communications Officer for Macclesfield Town Council.
We also welcomed Dr Evi Girling and Professor Ian Loader from Keele University who were observing the group and they will be conducting longer term surveys on Covid and safety in the new year.
2. MBJ led the next session, a working interactive session where we gathered all the evidence from the following and began to create actions for the plan
• Residents Survey – Cllr Braithwaite and JW
• Residents Fact-Finding session – Cllr Brathwaite and JG
• Business Surveys – JW and Cllr Braithwaite
• Retail Fact-Finding Session – Cllr Wilson
• Hospitality Fact-Finding Session – Cllr Mannion and MBJ
• Cultural and Digital Fact-Finding Session – Cllr Jackson and EA
3. Tasks Moving Forward
• 1 page Summary of the Survey Findings JW and Cllr Brathwaite
• Actions to be fitted in the plan – MBJ
• Look to arrange further Hospitality and Retail fact finding sessions- MBJ, Cllr Wilson, Cllr Mannion and LS.
• Organise and plan for a large focus group
• Proofread and create structured and accessible document of the plan and actions. AS
• Update MTC actions of what has been done during Covid and planned for the Christmas period – Cllr Wilson
4. Date of next meeting
Tuesday 1st December 2020 at 8.30 – 9.30am via zoo