Macclesfield Town Centre Recovery Working Group 30th March 2021

Tue 30th Mar 2021

Key Information

Dates

Tue 30th Mar 2021

In Categories

Working Group
Working Group - Town Centre Recovery
Minutes

Present:

Abi Sherratt Macclesfield Town Council

Aoife Middlemass CVSCE

Cllr Fiona Wilson Macclesfield Town Council

Cllr Janet Jackson MBE (Co-Chair) Macclesfield Town Council

Cllr Liz Brathwaite Cheshire East Council

Dr Evi Girling Keele University

Emma Anderson Macclesfield Museums

Laura Smith Macclesfield Town Council

Matthew Baqueriza-Jackson (Co – Chair) Make it Macclesfield

Justine Gore Peaks and Plains Housing Trust

Apologies:

Jo Wise Cheshire East Council

Cllr Nick Mannion Cheshire East Council

1. Welcome from Co/Chairs

Cllr Jackson welcomed and thanked the group.

2 Updates on Member organisations endorsement of the plan

All working group member organisations have endorsed the plan, apart from:

Silk Museums have it on their agenda 1/04/21

CVSCE – to confirm

3 Updates on Subgroups and actions on the plan

· Communication

The first Communication sun group meeting has taken place.

· Outdoor Eating

Meeting set for 14th April 2021. Outdoor eating area at beginning of Market Square can go ahead with funding from MTC for Planters and tables, and support from CEC, with licensing and moving car park spaces. MHA will project manage.

 

· Community Response

Larger group still to be set up. MTC and CVSCE are holding a ‘get together’ virtually by zoom for Voluntary sector 19th May.

 

· Eco Summit

Set for 15th May 2021. Organised by MTC and Macctastic.

This recovery working group will have a session, to present the plan, with the aim to create a subgroup.

· Update on actions on plan: Group updated actions in progress on the plan. MBJ will update and LS and MBJ will produce updates to all mailing list contacts.

4. Updates from last meeting

· JW to update on criteria for levelling up and LEP funding.

JW was not present but has emailed over information.

· Chewing gum campaign to be run by MTC.

LS and AS are procuring items from Keep Britain Tidy.

· MBJ and LS to update all on the mailing list.

Updated in previous item.

· Invite David Rutley to a Working Group Meeting

Invite will be made in due course.

5. Discussion on Town Hall

Many interested residents and organisations in the town contact member organisations about the use of the Town Hall building. It is owned by CEC, who use the building for various meetings, weddings and events. It also houses MTC.

The working group decided try and bring together interested parties for discussion. This would include CEC as the owners of the building.

It would be desirable to hold this meeting once the CEC Asset Transfer Policy has been approved, however we would aim for end May 2021.

6. Next Steps/Actions

– Hold all sub group meetings

– Update mailing list members

– Organise Town Hall discussion

– Members to try to attend the LEP Consultations.

7. Date of next meeting

26th April 10.30am

Back to all Council Meetings