Macclesfield Town Centre Recovery Working Group 9th September 2021

9th September 2021

Key Information

Dates

9th September 2021

In Categories

Working Group
Working Group - Town Centre Recovery
Minutes

Macclesfield Town Centre Recovery Working Group

Minutes of the meeting held 9th September 2021.

 Present:

Abi Sherratt                                                               Macclesfield Town Council

Aoife Middlemass                                                     CVSCE

Becky Thompson                                                      Macclesfield Hospitality Action

Chris Draper                                                              Peaks and Plains Housing Trust

Cllr Fiona Wilson                                                        Macclesfield Town Council

Cllr Janet Jackson MBE (Co-Chair)                         Macclesfield Town Council

Cllr Liz Brathwaite                                                     Cheshire East Council

Cllr Nick Mannion                                                     Cheshire East Council

Dr Evi Girling                                                              Keele University

Emma Anderson                                                       Macclesfield Museums

Laura Smith                                                               Macclesfield Town Council

Matt Todd                                                                 Scoop and Scales

 

Apologies:

 

Jo Wise                                                                      Cheshire East Council

 Welcome from Co/Chairs

Cllr Jackson welcomed and thanked the group and gave a warm welcome to  new members Matt Todd and Becky Thompson,

Discuss new Co-Chair

Chris Draper of Peaks and Plains will be the new Co-Chair.

 Update from sub groups:

Environment

Matt Todd will lead the environment sub group and updated on who he had already identified and actions to be added to the plan. Matt will update the group by email of the actions as they were agreed by the group. Matt will hold an environment sub group within the next month and all groups members are invited to listen to the first meeting.

 

Comms- Abi Sherratt updated on the Comms subgroup, all key actions set so far have been achieved. Abi will send the notes to all of the group members.

Outdoor Hospitality – Cllr Fiona Wilson updated on the sub group, including the need for hospitality businesses to renew their pavement licenses. MHA, CEC and MTC will promote this.

Art and Culture – Emma Anderson fed back from the culture forum, where the Town Hall uses was raised with lots of ideas. (see item 4.)

Community Response- Aoife Middlemass updated on the work continuing to raise volunteer roles in Macclesfield, and the continued wonderful response of the people of Macclesfield working in the community.

 

New Sub Group – Town Hall

The group members agreed to form a new sub group to look at the Town Hall and explore how it could be used to benefit the town. Jo Wise will be asked to Chair the group, and Cllr Brathwaite, Aoife Middlemass and Emma Anderson have expressed interest in being part of the group. MHA and The Town Hall Network group will be invited also. Jo Wise is currently on annual leave and will be asked to arrange on her return.

Update on the Plan

Amber points on the plan were discussed and updated. LS and AS will update offline and send to the group. As also to produce an update from the group for the mailing list and wider community.

LS will also share the criteria for the welcome back fund, to gain ideas for the town from the working group members to go into the bid. Responses will be needed by 14th September.

 Date of next meeting

10am 2nd November 2021, via zoom/teams.

 

 

 

Back to all Council Meetings