Macclesfield Town Council
Planning Committee Minutes 20th December 2019
Minutes of the meeting held on 20th December 2019 at 10:30am in Macclesfield Town Hall.
- Cllr Alift Harewood MBE
- Cllr Janet Jackson MBE
- Cllr David Edwardes
Cllr Liz Braithwaite attended the meeting.
1. Apologies for Absence
- Cllr Dominic Sexton
- Cllr Lloyd Roberts
- Cllr Fiona Wilson
2. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Jackson MBE declared a non-pecuniary interest in application 19/4503M as she once worked for the employer.
Cllr Jackson MBE declared a non-pecuniary interest in application 19/3748M as the motorbike workshop was previously in her neighbourhood.
Cllr Edwardes declared a non-pecuniary interest in application 19/3748M as residents have contacted him with their concerns on noise.
Cllr Harewood MBE declared a non-pecuniary interest in application 19/5643M as she is a trustee of the charity that owns the property.
Cllr Harewood MBE declared a non-pecuniary interest in application 19/5244M as she is a trustee of the charity that owns the property.
There were no members of the public at the meeting
3. Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting Held on 29th November 2019
RESOLVED: That the minutes are approved as a true record of the meeting
4. Matters Arising From the Minutes
Cllr Edwardes commented that he had not been present for item 8.1 due to his delayed arrival and that it had been agreed to move the item to earlier in the meeting. He had met with the developer earlier in the month to review the plans.
5. Observations on Planning Applications
The planning authority has been informed of the date of this meeting and any delays in responses as they relate to all applications with response closing dates before the date of this meeting.
Application No: 19/5582M
Proposal: Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval 17/4034M for the erection of up to 232 dwellings
Location: LAND SOUTH OF, CHELFORD ROAD, MACCLESFIELD
1. The committee made the following observations for inclusion in the development plans:
- Sustainable transport provision to include cycleways and footpaths to access infrastructure and services in Macclesfield;
- Provision of electric vehicle charging points in communal areas and at each of the properties;
- Accessible waste and recycling points;
- Sufficient off-street parking for all properties;
- Mixed dwellings and housing types;
- Delivery of 30% affordable housing;
- Protection of existing boundaries;
- Protection of existing trees;
- That pedestrian and cycle access to the remainder/undeveloped northern portion of LPS16 is accommodated and secured for potential future development of that site as identified in the Cheshire East Local Plan.
2. The committee recommends the development is served by a bus route, with upgrades to bus stops on Chelford Road and the introduction of a pedestrian crossing to facilitate safe road crossing.
3. The committee raised a concern that vehicular ingress and egress to the development is insufficiently served.
Application No: 18/6300M
Proposal: Redevelopment of the Site to provide 11 residential dwellings through the demolition of the former Hatton Street Works.
Location: CHESHIRE WINDOWS AND GLASS, ARMITT STREET,
MACCLESFIELD, CHESHIRE, SK11 6SD
RESOLVED: That the committee objects to the revised plans on the grounds of:
- Overdevelopment of the site;
- Lack of amenity space for each dwelling;
- Insufficient parking for each dwelling.
- The committee also raised a concern on the risk to air quality in the locality due to the restricted and contained vehicular ingress and egress.
If planning approval is granted, the committee request the following conditions are applied:
- Hours of construction are limited to standard working hours to minimise the disruption;
- A travel information pack is produced by the developer as per the environmental health report;
- Electric vehicle charging points are installed for each dwelling;
- Low emission boilers are installed in each dwelling.
Application No: 19/5657M
Proposal: Conversion of mixed use (A1/C3) building to 4 dwellings, together with associated building operations
Location: 1, PINFOLD STREET / 9 CHESTER ROAD, MACCLESFIELD, SK11 6HA
Application No: 19/5696M
Proposal: Proposed 2-storey side extension to provide: new ground floor WC, first floor bedroom and bathroom.
Location: 20, BADGER ROAD, MACCLESFIELD, SK10 2EP
Application No: 19/4945M
Proposal: Change of Use of land to modular buildings to provide office, locker/shower room, kitchen/mess room, toilets, storage room, sluice room, PDA room and server room
Location: Land between 78 Beech Lane and 1 BEECH BANK, MACCLESFIELD
Application No: 19/1708M
Proposal: Demolition of existing garage and out buildings and erection of two number 3 bedroom semi-detached houses with associated driveways and gardens.
Location: 90, TYTHERINGTON DRIVE, MACCLESFIELD, SK10 2HN
The committee noted that the Cheshire East Council Northern Planning Committee declined planning consent for this application.
Application No: 19/4503M
Proposal: Redevelopment for a new pharmaceutical manufacturing facility (Building 52)
Location: ASTRAZENECA, CHARTER WAY, MACCLESFIELD, SK10 2NA
The committee noted that the Cheshire East Council Northern Planning Committee granted planning consent for this application.
Application No: 19/3748M
Proposal: Change of use of building from the manufacture of PVC windows and doors (B2 use class) to motorbike storage and sales with associated offices, workshop and MOT bay (B1/B2/B8/Sui Generis use classes)
Location: Land & Building, SNAPE ROAD, MACCLESFIELD, CHESHIRE, SK10 2NZ
The committee noted that the Cheshire East Council Northern Strategic Planning Committee granted planning consent for this application.
Application No: 19/5479M
Proposal: Single storey side extension and porch extension
Location: 1, GROSVENOR STREET, MACCLESFIELD, SK10 1BN
Application No: 19/5505M
Proposal: Proposed infill of car port and garage extension to form workshop area
Location: 20, TYTHERINGTON LANE, MACCLESFIELD, SK10 2JS
Application No: 19/5547M
Proposal: Planning approval for a kitchen extension with balcony above.
Location: 49 , Thirlmere, Macclesfield, SK11 7XY
Application No: 19/5604M
Proposal: Single story rear extension
Location: 43, PRIORY DRIVE, MACCLESFIELD, SK10 3HU
Application No: 19/5643M
Proposal: Listed building consent for internal remedial works and alterations including installation of conditioning units to the rear elevation
Location: Fence House, 84, BUXTON ROAD, MACCLESFIELD, SK10 1JS
The committee noted this application will be under the direction of the Conservation Officer.
Application No: 19/5244M
Proposal: Installation of air conditioning units to rear elevation and change of use to proposed medical practice (use class D1).
Location: Fence House, 84, BUXTON ROAD, MACCLESFIELD, SK10 1JS
The committee raised no objections, subject to the report from environmental health.
6. Planning Committee
The committee noted the Town Centre Conservation Area Review resolution from the Full Council meeting on 16/12/19.
7. Character Assessment
It was agreed that contact will be made with Cheshire East Planning Department to explore the viability and value of a Macclesfield Character Assessment.
It was also agreed that a review of the committee’s Terms of Reference should be carried out at a future Planning Committee.
8. Houses of Multiple Occupancy
It was agreed that ward members would be encouraged to seek that Cheshire East Council explores the suitability of progressing Article 4 notices relating to Houses of Multiple Occupancy within their wards.
9.1 19/5238M Picturedrome non-material amendments
The committee noted that Cheshire East ward Councillors may choose to highlight concerns to environmental health and planning enforcement officers.
10. Member Items
11. Date/Time and Place of Next Meeting
The next Planning Committee meeting will take place on 17th January 2020 10:30am, in Macclesfield Town Hall (to be confirmed).
Meeting closed at 11:54
Chair Cllr Alift Harewood MBE
Clerk Harriet Worrell